Thursday, March 14, 2013

Special Acknowledgement - Research Donation/Discount

A special thank you to Skylark FPV for donating one of their Tiny OSD III systems for use in the proof of concept small unmanned aerial system (sUAS) supervisory control system I have been developing for my research. I plan on integrating this system once I have completed the addition of a first person view (FPV) camera and transmitter (TX) into my sUAS platforms. The primary features of interest of this onscreen display (OSD) include:
  • Barometer to determine altitude (to ensure operation under 400ft in compliance with AMA recommendation and FAA guidelines)
  • Configurable OSD screen
  • Lightweight (22.5 grams/.79oz)
  • 60 amp current sensor to determine battery state (current, voltage, and mAh remaining)
  • 10Hz GPS (to determine speed, position, and altitude)
  • Return to home indicator (to determine position relative to ground control station [GCS])
This system is available for purchase online for $108 from the Skylark FPV Store: http://www.skylarkfpv.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=42

A thank you is also due to Pololu Robotics & Electronics for providing me with a 50% discount on the purchase of their Mini Maestro 24-Channel USB Servo Controller (Assembled). I will be adding this system into my existing supervisory control system as the primary vehicle control (PVC) system. I plan on utilizing the higher-resolution Pololu protocol on the Maestro in conjunction with a pair of Digi International XBee-PRO 802.15.4 extended-range modules (RP-SMA and wired antenna) for wireless PC servo control. This controller is available for purchase online for $49.95 from the Pololu store:
http://www.pololu.com/catalog/product/1356

No comments:

Post a Comment