Monday, September 12, 2016

Halloween - Kylo Ren Lightsaber

While my helmet was between coats I decided to start work on a belt hanging prop. I purchased an inexpensive Hasbro telescoping Kylo Ren Lightsaber from Wal-Mart ($13). I started by pulling out the blades and giving it a light sandings so the primer would adhere to the surface. The following pictures depict the progress from primer to finished product; I ended up adding two 17mm sockets wrapped in hockey tape to achieve desired fit in both the top and bottom of the hilt. I've also ordered a 5" leather belt, as well as a 3D printed lightsaber holder and clip, to attach the hilt to the belt.

Applied Ultracote 2X white primer

Applied Rustoleum Metallic Finish paint
 
Added finishing details to give worn appearance
 
Reverse details
 
Details of top (17mm socket visible)

Detail of bottom (17mm socket visible)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment