Saturday, August 10, 2013

Preparing to Attend the 2013 AUVSI Show in Washington, DC

This year's Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI) show starts on Monday (12 Aug) and runs through until Thursday in Washington D.C. During my initial preparations I found their mobile phone application, which they have provided to assist attendees plan and log their activities.

Google Android Version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=a2z.Mobile.AUVSI&hl=en

Apple iOS (iphone/iPad) Version: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/auvsi-2013/id453098337?mt=8

After spending an hour with the iOS (iPhone) version of the app, I have been able to:

1) Build and store the list of presentations I plan on attending (note in Sessions, stores in Planner->My Itinerary)

2) Build and store the list of Exhibitors (vendors) I would like to see on the floor (note in Exhibitors, stores in Planner->My Exhibitors)

3) Identify and store any meetings I have planned with Exhibitors (note in Exhibitor)

4) Review the floor plan to determine where specific Exhibitor booths are located

The app also has sections to record notes, review speaker biographies, separate information by tracks (i.e., domains; e.g., air, ground, and maritime), and stay apprised of current show news or information (e.g., Buzz or Twitter feed). I'm looking forward to attending this event to meet with and hear from some of the foremost experts in unmanned aerial system (UAS) development, research, and integration. Look for updates next week detailing some of the interesting topics and systems I see at the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment