Friday, February 22, 2013

sUAS Platform Ready for Ground Testing

This week I was able to make considerable gains in improving the resolution of the servo movement. I also put some work into preparing the helicopter for ground testing by wrapping and securing all of the electronics and the associated wiring. I decided to replace the stock landing gear and create my own using carbon fiber gear from a fixed-wing platform and some 1/2" PVC tubing. I expect this new landing gear will help distribute some of the weight during the testing and provide sufficient clearance for the addition of a high-definition first person view (FPV) camera and pan/tilt control assembly in the future.
sUAS Platform (angled view)
sUAS Platform (head-on view)

sUAS Platform with cowling removed
sUAS Platform (electronics exposed)

No comments:

Post a Comment