Friday, April 26, 2013

Visit to Wright-Patterson AFB

Before leaving Dayton I had an opportunity to stop in to see both the Air Force History Museum and the Air Force Research Labs (AFRL). While at 711th Human Performance Wing, I received a very interesting briefing on how the Air Force is integrating multiple forms of subject (i.e., operator) sensing (e.g., cardio, ocular, voice stress, and task focus) to assess, measure, and augment interactions on an RPA/UAS control system. While I could not take pictures when on base, I was permitted to take pictures in the museum. The highlights of the museum visit include the Kettering Bug (first military UAV), MQ-9 Reaper, RQ-4 Global Hawk, X-45A, a Ryan Firebee, and a B-2 Spirit Stealth Bomber. Next time I will need to visit the Presidential Aircraft section (ran out of time this trip).













No comments:

Post a Comment